Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Review books "H" and "I"

I found many good books this week. We had a wonderful time reading them all.

A Field full of Horses

The series Read and Wonder has the best books. This book is particularly beautiful. It makes me want to be with horses. I would love to have all the Read and Wonder series on my shelf.









How Many?

Sean loves this book. He loves to count out loud as we read the pages of this book. In fact, we've borrowed this many times and this week, he picked it out by himself.






How to Hide a Crocodile?

Another great book by Ruth Heller. She is so good at using the least amount of words to convey so much meaning. Ruth Heller is definitely a keeper.






Ho for Hat!
I love the poem and the beautiful and detailed illustrations. It's a fun book to read out loud. I would definitely want to have it on my shelf.










If the dinosaurs came back

This is also another book that we have borrowed before. It's a favorite. The drawings are in black marker with just the dinosaur in a flat colour, but there's so many things happening in the pictures. It's also great that there's a page with all the names of the dinosaurs on it. It's a wonderful book to have.




In the Night Kitchen

Maurice Sendak is so imaginative. Reading this is like going through a fantastic dream. It's also a must read.









I wanna Iguana

It's a cute book. The story is told through correspondence of notes between a son and his mom. He was trying to convince his mom to let him have a baby iguana. I really like the play of words, but the drawing of the iguana is really ugly! =P





I heard Said the bird

A beautifully illustrated book about a bird telling the animals that it heard about a new one.








It's the Bear!

A follow up to 'Where's my Teddy'. Sean still finds it scary though. He's scared of the giant bear or maybe the expression of fear on Eddy's face.









Falling for Rapunzel

It's a funny twist of the Rapunzel story. It's really cute but Sean was not interested. Definitely a cute book for girls.











Owls

I love all the science series. It's short and simple but had enough photographs to capture your attention. I wish we have more of these books in the library. Maybe they are really popular and are mostly borrowed out.






Montessori Play and Learn

A great book which list out games you can do. It has a good summary about what the Montessori concept is all about. I haven't really gone through the games yet though.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I was wondering which library you go to to borrow your books? Are these the titles, how interesting!!
    TTDI? ThankS! :)

    ReplyDelete